Festival of the Sea 1.-2. June 2013
The festival is an annual event featuring lots of fun for the whole family, and serves as a reminder of how important the sea and its sailors are to Iceland‘s history, economy and people. A diverse programme of events takes place from 10am on Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon, at Reykjavík´s West Harbour; Grandagarður.
To view the programme from 2012 in English click here
Here are some of the festival highlights:
- Funny Fish on display
- Arts and crafts
- The Maritime Museum
- Ferry trips to Videy Island
- Delicious Herring
- Special discounts on puffin watching and sea angling tours, and fun family sailing trips
- Bottled-message factory – send a message in a bottle to the world!
- Speed rowing, race rowing and sailing competitions
- Fun activities for the kids
- Aerobatic airplane stunts
- Ocean Rescue demonstration
- Music, entertainment and much more…